Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. is seeking an experienced SBCC and community engagement advisor for USAID / Ukraine’s upcoming Public Health Systems Recovery and Resilience (PHS R&R) activity. The main objective of the PHS R&R activity is to strengthen the capacity of the Ukrainian government to prevent, detect and respond to threats to public health, to maintain essential public health services during a crisis and to protect the health of all Ukrainians, including vulnerable and marginalized groups.
The Communication Specialist for Social and Behavioral Change (SBCC) will provide technical supervision and assistance in the planning, development and implementation of SBCC activities related to health services for a government contract in Ukraine. The SBCC specialist should be experienced in implementing SBCC strategies related to vaccine promotion issues, promotion of risk-reducing health behaviors, and other public health topics. The SBCC specialist will develop media and community mobilization strategies, ensure the cohesion and integration of SBCC objectives in all project interventions, participate in strategic and operational planning, collect and analyze data from SBCC activities and coordinate with regional and central offices the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of SBCC activities.
Main tasks / responsibilities
- Design and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive SBCC strategy to support community mobilization and increased demand for services related to COVID-19 vaccination and adoption of healthy behaviors
- Design and oversee the implementation of media campaigns to support SBCC activities, including local and national campaigns on radio, television and print media
- Strengthen SBCC capacities at central and local levels through training design and delivery of high-level training
- Support the design and implementation of provider-friendly care and SBC modules
- Manage a small team of CCSC staff in Kiev
- Work with staff and partners to collect and analyze data on SBCC approaches to support program-wide M&E objectives
- Identify and work with implementing partners, NGOs, CSOs, community organizations, communities and local leaders to achieve strategic objectives and coordinate activities across project work sites
- Contribute to the development of formative research to guide interventions focused on the target health objectives of the project
Qualifications and experience required
- Excellent English and Ukrainian spoken and written.
- BA (or equivalent) or higher degree in communication, public relations, journalism or other relevant discipline.
- Previous experience working on USAID or other donor funded projects.
- Experience in graphic design, with particular emphasis on data-rich presentations.
- At least five years of experience in communications, journalism, public relations or other relevant field.
- Technical writing experience and demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible communication media.
- Residence and ability to work in Kiev, Ukraine required; no moving costs will be reimbursed.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Residence and ability to work in Ukraine required
- Experience in managing staff, external and internal relations, and working in partnership with stakeholders such as NGOs and international donors such as USAID
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian
- Degree in a relevant field, such as communications, sociology, anthropology or related fields with experience in SBCC and program management in the area of community health / health promotion
- At least 10 years of professional experience designing and implementing comprehensive, research-driven BCC campaigns
- Professional experience in creating communication campaigns related to public health and health promotion
- Experience in facilitation and training, and coaching / mentoring
- Excellent writing, editing and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office Suite (World, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Proficiency in graphic, audio or video design software preferred
For review, please send your curriculum vitae / CV and cover letter by email ([email protected]) using the subject line: Ukraine PHS R&R SBCC and Community Engagement Advisor
CSO (www.oscltd.com) is a small company specializing in strategic communications and behavior change with over 25 years of experience implementing USAID programs in more than 50 countries, including Ukraine. OSC provides technical assistance in communication on health projects in order to improve governance of the health sector, improve transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health system, and strengthen support for health reform efforts. health and improve service delivery systems.
The OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting and retaining the most qualified individuals regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation , disability or veteran status.
SUPPORT THE KYIV POST
Independent Ukraine needs independent journalism