POSITION: Program Assistant, Community Engagement and Communications –
Temporary full time
Funded by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation
DEPARTMENT: Algoma Ontario Health Team (AOHT)
RATE: $18.90 to $23.24 per hour
The Algoma Ontario Health Team (AOHT)
We are a team of local healthcare professionals, organizations and community members working together towards a more integrated healthcare system for Algoma residents. We are working to create a network where patients will have access to the right care, the right team and the right care setting when they need it. We want individuals to experience seamless transitions throughout their care journey in an understandable, digital and collaborative system.
The AOHT was formally formed in 2020 to improve care coordination for Algoma communities. For our team, integrated care means coordinating efforts between health and social service agencies to improve the experience of Algoma residents. From the patient’s perspective, integrated care means receiving a continuum of connected services from a large team, regardless of where care, services and resources are accessed. The AOHT is one of 51 ESOs approved by the Ministry of Health to support integrated care in Ontario.
Purpose of the position:
The Program Assistant, Community Engagement and Communications, a member of the AOHT Transformation Office, works with the Associate, Community Engagement and Communications, Director, Integrated Care, and OHT partner communications professionals to provide support for OHT communications and community engagement needs. Most closely aligned with the AOHT priority areas, Community Partnership and Engagement and Building a Foundation for Collaboration, the Program Assistant, Community Engagement and Communications will support the following activities:
– Communication ; including the AOHT website and social media, AOHT-wide strategic communications and planning, project communications planning, media relations and assistance, branding and graphic design
– Community involvement; including supporting ministry engagement deliverables, mobilizing AOHT engagement strategy, supporting project-level engagement activities
The Program Assistant, Community Engagement and Communications would be responsible for supporting AOHT’s community engagement and communications, including:
– Develop content for the website, social media, newsletter and other platforms to broaden awareness and engagement of the ongoing work to strengthen Algoma’s health system
– Participation in the development and implementation of a strategic communication plan
– Support project communications, brand management and communication resource sharing to unify AOHT collaboration and materials
– Evaluate communication initiatives and recommend improvements
– Support the implementation and evaluation of the AOHT Patient, Family and Caregiver Partnership and Engagement Strategy
– Actively seek out and facilitate opportunities to integrate the voices of patients, families and caregivers into the work of the health system
– Contribute ideas to improve internal and external communications and engagement activities
– Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
– Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada
– Once hired, the candidate must reside in the Northern Ontario community in which they work
– Applicant must be a university or college graduate who has completed within the last 3 years from an accredited university or college a degree or diploma in communications, public relations, business or other relevant field
– The candidate must be a new entrant to the job market, transitioning to a new career, or an unemployed or underemployed person
– The candidate has never participated in an internship funded by the NOHFC
Knowledge and skills:
– Oral and written communication skills to discuss and document progress
– Ability to work independently, accurately and to solve problems that arise during the work
– Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrates proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite applications
– Demonstrates proficiency in social media and graphic design platforms
– Demonstrates working knowledge of basic and multifunctional computer equipment
– Ability to take initiative to set personal goals and take responsibility for meeting those deadlines within a set time frame
– Knowledge of and adherence to hospital performance standards and organizational policies and,
– Understanding of the organization’s mission, vision and values.
Note: Due to the changing nature of the job and the work to be performed, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
Qualified candidates interested in being part of a team committed to providing quality healthcare services are invited to submit their cover letter and resume confidentially to:
APPLY ONLINE: www.sah.on.ca/careers
POSTED: October 11, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. to October 18, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
The Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for candidates. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, provided the candidate has met the requirements of the vacancy. Applicants should make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All inquiries are treated confidentially.
The AOHT is committed to the diversity and values of employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Black, Indigenous and people of color, LBGTQ2+, persons with disabilities, and equity-seeking groups who contribute to greater diversity and perspective across Algoma.