Mayor’s Affordable Housing Initiative – Phase II Information and Schedule
In an effort to provide an inventory of sustainable and affordable housing, the City has allocated 14 single-family residential lots and will provide a $1.1 million revolving loan at 0% interest to build new affordable homes on existing vacant lots. owned by the City. Click here for more information.
Building an Equitable Future in Tampa
Mayor Castor and the City of Tampa have made workforce development and affordable housing a strategic priority of the Mayor’s “Transforming Tampa’s Tomorrow” vision. Details of this strategy can be found here: https://www.tampagov.net/t3/housing-affordability
There are many ongoing and new opportunities to invest in the future of our community and be part of Tampa’s future. We want to ensure that all partners and stakeholders can align their efforts with the City’s Housing Affordability Strategy.
Watch the video now to learn more about:
- City Housing Affordability Strategy and Recommendations
- The City’s Community Land Trust (CLT) – coming soon!
- Labor and affordable housing projects on the horizon
- New policies and partnership opportunities
- Longer-term strategies, including the use of opportunity zones