FRANKFORT, IL – On March 8, the Frankfort Park District Board of Commissioners honored members of the community.
Those honored received community service awards for their service to sports organizations. Frankfort Park District Council Commissioners have been advised that council members after serving many years are retiring from their respective youth sports organizations.
The Park District is a partner of volunteers running sports organizations. Sports organizations and the Park District provide leisure opportunities for families in Frankfurt.
Commissioner Tom Barz presented the awards and read what the plaque read: “The Illinois Park & Recreation Association and the Illinois Association of Park Districts with the Frankfort Park District present to you the Community Service Award. In recognition and in appreciation for outstanding contributions and selfless dedication to the advancement of parks, recreation, and recreation in the community and the state of Illinois.”
Winners by organization:
- Falcons: Greg Ristich, Dale Kalman, Scott Kohler.
- Falcons/Frankfurt Baseball: Todd Knollenberg, Mike McCarey.
- Frankfurt Baseball: Rob Joyce, Carrie Kramer, John Glennon, Mark Fordon, Mike Bouck.
- Frankfurt Baseball/Falcons/Softball: Vince Adamo.
- Frankfurt Women’s Softball: Elmer Gentry, Chris Herder, Kim Herder, Marty Gilboy, Tracey Signore, Jeffrey Kemerer, Ryan Petrow, Carrie Bacha, Jim McFarland.
The photos of the recipients are visible on the Frankfurt Park District website.
This press release was produced by the Frankfurt Park district. The opinions expressed here are those of the author.