THE ALGOMA ONTARIO HEALTH TEAM (AOHT)
We are a team of local healthcare professionals, organizations and community members working together towards a more integrated healthcare system for Algoma residents. We are working to create a network where patients will have access to the right care, the right team and the right care setting when they need it. We want individuals to experience seamless transitions throughout their care journey in an understandable, digital and collaborative system.
The AOHT was formally formed in 2020 to improve care coordination for Algoma communities. For our team, integrated care means coordinating efforts between health and social service agencies to improve the experience of Algoma residents. From the patient’s perspective, integrated care means receiving a continuum of connected services from a large team, regardless of where care, services and resources are accessed. The AOHT is one of 51 ESOs approved by the Ministry of Health to support integrated care in Ontario.
The Community Engagement and Communications Coordinator, a member of the AOHT Transformation Office, works with the Director of Integrated Care and OHT partner communications professionals to provide OHT communications support and community engagement needs. The Community Engagement and Communications Coordinator will support the following activities:
• Communication ; including the AOHT website and social media, AOHT-wide strategic communications and planning, project communications planning, media relations and assistance, branding and graphic design
• Community involvement; including co-lead of ministry engagement deliverables, mobilization of AOHT engagement strategy, support to project-level engagement activities
• Other activities as needed; including project management support
The Community Engagement and Communications Coordinator, in conjunction with the AOHT Transformation Office, will be responsible for the following deliverables:
1. Develop and maintain digital platforms including website, social media channels and newsletter.
2. Support project communication needs including reports, graphic design, articles and editing.
3. Lead brand management and maintenance of templates and tools to support partner organizations.
4. Lead media relations, including developing press releases and responding to inquiries as required.
5. Facilitate the implementation of the AOHT Patient, Family and Caregiver Partnership and Engagement Strategy, AOHT Primary Care Communication Protocol, Patient Statement of Values, of Ontario Families and Caregivers and recommendations from the final report of the Citizens of Algoma Reference Group on Integrated Care.
6. Support co-design and ad hoc engagement with patients, families, and care partners.
7. Support existing relationships with partners and community organizations through internal communication strategies and resource sharing.
8. Assist in the planning and development of key Department of Health deliverables.
9. Undertake research and collaborate with OHTs across the province to support the continued use of best practices in communication and community engagement.
PERSONNEL AND LICENSE / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. 3-5 years of work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of various research methodologies
2. Oral and written communication skills to discuss and document progress
3. Ability to work independently, accurately and to solve problems that arise during work
4. Ability to work remotely with occasional check-in with supervisors and/or team members
5. Ability to apply strong research and project management techniques
6. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office suite applications
8. Demonstrated working knowledge of basic computer equipment and multi-function devices.
9. Ability to take initiative to set personal goals and take responsibility for meeting those deadlines within a defined timeframe
10. Knowledge of and adherence to hospital performance standards and organizational policies and procedures.
11. Understanding of the organization’s mission, vision and values.
Note: Due to the changing nature of the job and the work to be performed, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
Qualified candidates interested in being part of a team committed to providing quality healthcare services are invited to submit their cover letter and resume confidentially to:
APPLY ONLINE: www.sah.on.ca/careers
The Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for candidates. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, provided the candidate has met the requirements of the vacancy. Applicants should make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All inquiries are treated confidentially.
The AOHT is committed to the diversity and values of employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Black, Indigenous and people of color, LBGTQ2+, persons with disabilities, and equity-seeking groups who contribute to greater diversity and perspective across Algoma.