Includes community education, cross-market collaborations, dissemination of academic work, and external mentorship and observation opportunities.
- Establish a voice in the community as a leader in health care and people’s well-being by attending an annual innovation conference.
- Share your stories and the learnings of those you serve in the community, including patients and their families, around navigating patient experiences.
- Provide thought leadership at live and digitally broadcast community events in collaboration with academic institutions such as the University of Missouri – Kansas City and the University of Kansas.
- Take part in field trips to inspire and learn from outside organizations, including other nationally recognized health systems and tech companies in Silicon Valley.
- Join an innovation team and collaborate with community leaders to identify key challenges that may change policies (e.g. payers policies).
- Participate with representatives from different industries on innovation teams and leverage internal human-centric design capability as a selling point to attract new business partners.
Dissemination of scholarly works
- Attend conferences and present your academic results.
- Access support for grant applications and manuscript submissions, including hiring an expert to identify gaps in the process from submission to publication.
- Leverage technology, such as an app, to socialize updates of progress on new and improved services and invite online participation in the design and development of scalable offerings with community health service partners .
- Advocate for crowdsourcing experiments aimed at the public, including a platform to uncover population health issues as a way to prioritize focus areas for innovation, and events, such as Discover Children’s Mercy.
External follow-up and mentoring
- Immerse yourself in external environments to better understand the lived experiences of others and use your learning to develop improved service offerings.
- Take part in reverse mentoring opportunities that allow you to learn more about developing advancements in technology and healthcare.