Deadline: May 24, 2022
Applications are invited for the Commonwealth Alumni Community Engagement Fund 2022-2023. The CSC Alumni Community Engagement Fund (ACEF) is an annual fund that aims to help Commonwealth alumni raise awareness of key development issues at the community level through the organization of an engagement activity.
Small changes implemented at the community level can have a big impact over time. ACEF helps Commonwealth alumni deliver engaging activities designed to raise awareness and help individuals implement small changes at the community level with the aim of achieving long-term positive impact.
This is a great opportunity for you to develop and deliver a community-driven activity designed to raise awareness of a range of challenges related to any of the themes mentioned above. Activities may include skills development opportunities; conferences, seminars, workshops; public service projects; and events that invite discussion and problem solving.
This year, the CSC will offer ACEF opportunities that will address two different themes:
- Clean energy, air and oceans
- Sport for development: equality, diversity and representation
- Successful applicants will receive a grant equivalent to GBP 1,000 to support the delivery of their activity.
- Alumni can apply as individuals, as a CSC alumni association, or as a group of Commonwealth alumni (not part of an existing association).
- Applications to support existing works, projects or activities will not be considered.
- Activity design: includes clear and achievable outcomes that meet the activity and ACEF objectives and are relevant to the identified community audience
- Viability of the activity: the activity is realistic in relation to its objectives and can be implemented by the former organizer(s)
- Value for money: the activity is supported by a detailed and reasonable budget breakdown (original costs and converted to sterling) which follows the funding guidelines provided
- Evidence of alumni expertise: Alumni will be involved in the development and implementation of the activity at all stages and will draw on their expertise and knowledge to support effective and impactful implementation.
- Risk assessment and management: the identified risks associated with the activity and how they will be managed are described in the application
- Stakeholder Engagement: An overview of how to engage and manage activity stakeholders is provided to ensure effective and impactful delivery
- Main results: describe how the activity will have a longer-term impact on the participants/participants/stakeholders, beyond the activity itself. You need to consider how this will be evaluated when developing your business
To apply, you must read the 2022-23 Graduate Community Engagement Fund Terms and Conditions and complete the online application form. To view the application questions before completing the online form, you can view a PDF copy first.
The deadline for applications is 23:59 (BST) on Tuesday 24 May 2022. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered. Please note that CSC is unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit CSC Alumni Community Engagement Fund.